- 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VI Image Processor
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 3.0" 610k-Dot Tilting OLED Monitor
- 1440k-dot Electronic Viewfinder
- Full HD 1080i Video at 60 fps
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- ISO 200-25,600
- Dustproof and Splash-Proof Construction
- FAST Auto Focus System
The Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera sports the popular mirrorless technology that allows for a light and compact body. More than that, however, the OM-D E-M5 is an outstanding camera that provides you with tools like an electronic eye-level viewfinder, a 120 fps refresh rate, a tilting 3.0" OLED touchscreen monitor, 16Mp of the resolution, and - of course - an ever-expanding array of compatible lens options. All these factors boil down to a camera that's easier to transport than the average DSLR, yet puts multiple creative choices, and numerous other high-end features and functions, at your disposal.
Taking the features of the OM-D EM-5 one at a time, let's begin with the camera's high image quality. Making such stunning 16Mp stills and 1920 x 1080 HD video possible would be the 16Mp Live MOS image sensor and the TruePic VI image processor. At the heart of the camera, these two work together with an array of M.ZUIKO DIGITAL lenses for impressive images and movies.
Other features worth mentioning here include Olympus' AF system, which enables fast, accurate images in a variety of situations. Additionally, 9.2 fps high-speed sequential shooting goes a step further to ensure that fast-moving subjects are easily captured. The 5-axis, sensor-shift image stabilization system also comes into play here, compensating for vertical, horizontal, and rotational camera shake, which conventional 2-axis systems of the past haven't been able to tame. This stabilization is built-in into the camera body and ensures effective stabilization with all lenses.
The high-res, 1.44 million dots LCD has 100% field-of-view coverage and a 1.15x maximum magnification. The EVF also allows for enlarging the focus point for seeing the effect of many different features right in the viewfinder. In addition to this impressive EVF, the camera also has a 3.0" tilting OLED touchscreen monitor, making it the first Olympus camera to have such capabilities. The touchscreen monitor allows for fast menu navigation and brilliant composition and review of scenes.
The OM-D EM-5 is also a tough camera, featuring a dust-proof and splash-proof design. As Olympus states, "Multiple ring-shaped seals protect the camera from sand, dust, rain, and water spray". That means there's no need to fear the elements and as a result, miss the shot. What's more, the OM-D extends this feature to the bundled flash unit, the optional grip, the power battery holder, and the optional M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 EZ lens.
Intuitively Designed Electronic Viewfinder
Superior Image Quality
Unprecedented 5-Axis Image Stabilization
A "Key Line" Art Filter joins ten other available filters on the Olympus E-M5 and enhances the edge lines of the image to make it look more like an illustration. "Cross Process II" and "Dramatic Tone II" Art Filters provide variations on the popular existing filters, and the two new Echo effects for movies leave a momentary residual image of a subject's movements when activated during movie recording. Users who like to perform their movie post-editing on a PC will particularly appreciate the Full HD 1080i movie recording function, which adopts the MOV format (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)
Powerful Portability and Rugged Durability
Compatible with All Micro Four Thirds-Compliant Lenses
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.