Panasonic has expanded its Lumix family of digital still cameras with the introduction of the Lumix DMC-FZ18, an 8.1-megapixel compact camera with an impressive 18x optical zoom. In addition to a premium 28mm wide-angle Leica D C lens, the DMC-FX18 is one of the first Panasonic digital cameras to offer the revolutionary Intelligent Auto Mode, which includes Face De tection, Intelligent Scene Selector, and Continuous Autofocus functions, allowing users t o easily capture clear, professional-quality images in any situation or setting.
When this powerful camera--which features image-stabilized optical zoom up to 18 x--is put into Intelligent Auto Mode, the multifaceted functions engage automatically, so there is no need to adjust s ettings every time conditions change. The DMC-FZ18's intuitive Intelligent Auto Mode comprises :
- Intelligent Scene Selector, which automatically selects the appropriate scene mode from the most frequently-used modes such as Portrait, Scenery, Macro, Night Scen ery, and Night Portrait;
- Face Detection System, which helps the camera to focus, set autoexposure, an d detects up to 15 human faces, capturing them clearly and brightly; and
- Continuous Autofocus, which allows the camera to keep focus on the subject w ithout having to press the shutter button halfway and allowing for the best results out of a shutter chance by minimizing the autofocus time.
The Lumix DMC-FZ18 also is equipped with a 2.5-inch large, high-resolution LCD w ith 207,000 pixels, a 0.44-inch electric viewfinder with 188,000 pixels and f2.8 brightness, and is powered by the high-quality, high-performance Venus Engine III, which boasts shooting at IS O 1600 in normal recording mode.
The DMC-FZ18 has been redesigned to make the camera more stylish and easier to u se. The autofocus, autoexposure lock, and Macro buttons are now independent, to allow qu ick and direct operation. A metal-finished mode dial adds design strength, and an enhanc ed rubber grip makes the camera easier to hold. The redesigned body also incorporates the joyst ick made popular by the DMC-FZ8 model, which enables a host of settings, such as manual f ocusing and exposure, to be done quickly and easily.
Other advanced features of the Lumix DMC-FZ18 include:
- Custom Setting Mode that memorizes your frequent setting patterns for in stance use applied by simply selecting this function on the mode dial.
- 1920 x 1080 pixel photos ideal for full-screen viewing on a wide-screen HDTV .
- Six autofocusing methods including face detection, multi, three-point high-s peed, one-point high speed, one-point normal speed, and spot. With the one-point autofocus or spot autofocus method, the autofocusing area can be chosen from as many as 11 points with the joystick or cursor button.
- Advanced Scene Modes provide users more control over some frequently used sc ene modes, such as indoor and outdoor modes, when selecting portrait or sports mode and nature or architecture settings when selecting portrait mode.
- Bundled SILKYPIX Developer Studio 2.0SE software application for editing and developing images in the RAW file format.
- 27MB of built-in memory--perfect for backing up SDHC/SD memory card recordin g.
- Extra Optical Zoom feature extends zoom power to 28.7x at 3 megapixels.
- Compatibility with large-capacity SDHC memory cards.
- Title Edit Function allows inputting of text and additional picture informat ion.
- Picture Playback by category sorts images into categories such as portraits, landscapes, nightscapes, events, and motion pictures. Also, allows slideshow pla yback of images in the same category.
- Optional accessories including a teleconversion lens, close-up lens, ND filt er, MC protector, lens adapter, AC adapter, battery pack, soft case, and camera bag.
- Available in two colors: silver and black.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 digital camera, ArcSoft MediaImpression and ArcSoft Pan oramaMaker software, USB driver, battery charger, battery pack, lens cap, lens h ood, lens hood adapter, AV cable, USB connection cable, strap, CD-ROM
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.