- Uses high-performance polarizing film free of veiling and with a neutral color effect to ensure no loss of image definition as well as unaltered colors and the lowest possible light loss
- The polarizing film and the l/4 layer are cemented between absolutely plan parallel glass plates to avoid reflections at the glass/air interface as well as further light losses and scattered light.
- Both outer surfaces are incredibly smooth, hardened and MC coated, including a nano coating to repel dust and water
- The black anodized brass slim line rotatable mount is so unobtrusive that it does not cause any igniting even in shots with most wide-angle lenses
- Mount has front thread for a lens hood and a lens cap.
Details: Filters can help produce better photos. However, the quality differences between filters are huge. If you have a great lens, you do not want to risk image quality loss due to inferior filters. Rodenstock guarantees the best possible filter quality. The optical glass used must be homogeneous and “plan parallel”. The surfaces must be smooth. The polish must be equal to that of the surfaces of camera lens elements so as not to cause any scattered light. The filter frame may not project too far beyond the front edge of the lens barrel so that the filter does not cause igniting with wide-angle shots. Rodenstock filters have a very flat slim line frame. This allows room for a front thread. The best material for filter frames is brass. Brass rings will not bind when using two or more filters at the same time on the same lens. The edges of all Rodenstock filters are blackened so that no contrast-reducing reflections are caused there. When light is incident on a surface, it is partly reflected. A circular polarizer reduces these reflections. Reflections can be reduced or eliminated at an ideal angle of incidence of around 55 degrees. Reflections can also be amplified up to twice their brightness for more intensive sun reflections on water. The blue light of the sky reflected, e.g. from red roofs, green grass and foliage, is polarized. Landscape shots taken with a polarization filter allow the blue tinge to be reduced producing better color saturation. Blue light from the sky can be intensified using a polarization filter rotated into a suitable. The circular polarization filter requires 1.5 f-stops as a correction.HR Digital Circular Polarizers with Super Multi-coatings have: The best optical glass and perfect optical surface quality Multi-coatings with a high light transmission rate An extremely scratch resistant coating and liquid and dirt-repellent coated A rugged slim brass ring with front thread
Package Dimensions: 3.5 x 2.8 x 0.6 inches
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.