- Like new No signs of wear
- In box with manufacturer accessories supplied
- Stock # 190711-1001
- 42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Variable Optical Low-Pass Filter
- Zeiss Sonnar T* 35mm f/2 Lens
- Full HD 1080p60 Video & XAVC S Format
- 399 Phase-Detect AF Points & 5 fps Burst
- 0.39" 2.36M-Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- 3.0" 1,228.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
- ISO 102400 & Uncompressed 14-Bit RAW
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
The Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R II Digital Camera from Sony packs in a full-frame 42.4-megapixel Exmor R back-illuminated CMOS sensor and BIONZ X processor behind a fixed Zeiss Sonnar T* 35mm f/2 lens that grants users the ability to capture finely detailed images in an extraordinarily compact body. In addition to this, the RX1R II has the world's first variable optical low-pass filter system that can adjust the voltage on a liquid crystal layer to adjust the light-splitting properties of the array. This feature allows users to prioritize detail, eliminate moire and aliasing, or strike a balance between the two.
Located on the sensor are 399 phase-detect AF points in a Fast Hybrid AF system that can lock onto and track subjects quickly. This setting can also be used in the continuous shooting mode at up to a maximum of 5 fps for capturing fast-moving action. In addition to this, the improved processing and speed from the RX1R II's sensor and processor combo enable capturing images at expanded sensitivities ranging from ISO 50-102400. And, Sony has added an uncompressed 14-bit RAW format for uncompromising images.
In addition to these major advancements in imaging, the body design has been refined and the RX1R II is now equipped with a pop-up 0.39" 2.36M-dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF. This viewfinder has an impressive magnification of 0.74x for comfortable, clear eye-level viewing and has a 4-lens optical system with two glass molded aspherical elements to ensure crisp, vibrant imagery. Along with this, the 3.0" 1,228.8k-dot LCD monitor can now tilt upwards 109° and down 41° for working in a variety of positions and angles.
On the front of the camera is the impressive Zeiss 35mm lens which provides shooters with a classic wide-angle focal length well-suited to street photography and documentary work, an excellent pairing for a compact and unobtrusive camera. The lens also offers a fast f/2 maximum aperture for creating images with a shallow depth of field and for working more easily in low light. Along with this, the lens utilizes three aspherical elements, including one advanced aspherical that will minimize aberrations and distortion.
Video has also seen some notable improvement thanks to the implementation of the high bit rate XAVC S format. This format will record Full HD 1080p video at 50 Mbps at frame rates up to 60 fps. Also, the camera will be able to capture HD 720p video at up to 120 fps for slow motion and it has a 3.5mm jack for using external microphones and audio devices.
Numerous other features, such as Bright Monitoring, Eye AF, support for 4:3 and 1:1 aspect ratios, and ISO auto minimum shutter speed have made their way into this model. Also, the camera has built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC (Near Field Communication) for pairing the device with a smartphone or tablet for remote control and transfer of images. In addition to this, the RX1R II supports Sony's PlayMemories Camera apps for adding advanced functionality to the camera later on.
Another feature available with this AF system is Lock-on AF tracking that will analyze more information from the scene to provide dramatically improved accuracy and stability. Eye AF is also available which will prioritize a subject's pupil for excellent portraits even with a shallow depth of field.
Additionally, PlayMemories Camera Apps are also supported via the built-in Wi-Fi connection and allow you to personalize the camera's features depending on specific shooting styles. Apps are available to suit creating portraits, detailed close-ups, sports, time lapse, motion shots, and other specific types of imagery.
- Multiple aspect ratio support enables the use of 4:3 and 1:1 in addition to the standard 3:2 and 16:9 options. Also, thanks to the high-resolution sensor, images in the 16:9, 4:3, and 1:1 ratio still manage to offer 36, 38, and 28 megapixels, respectively.
- A Multi-Interface Shoe located on the top of the camera enables support for a variety of accessories, including remotes, flashes, microphones, and more.
- Capture One Express (for Sony) is a free downloadable RAW conversion software that will help users get the utmost quality from their image files.
- Precise white balance adjustments for tuning the exact color using amber-blue and green-magenta axes.
- Bright Monitoring boosts image brightness by changing the shutter speed for a better preview of a night sky or dark scene.
- ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed allows users to prevent image blur by setting a minimum shutter speed that when reached will then start changing the ISO sensitivity.
- Thirteen Creative Styles, including Vivid and Portrait, are available for capturing images with pre-defined looks that can flatter specific subject matter.
- A 1200-zone evaluative metering system ensures balanced exposures and can be set between Multi Pattern, Center Weighted, and Spot metering.
- Face Detection is available to base exposure and focus on up to eight recognized faces. Furthermore, Eye AF can be used for even greater precision by maintaining critical focus on a subject's eye.
- 2x Clear Image Zoom can be used to effectively double the magnification afforded by any lens in use with minimal image degradation. For even greater magnification, 1.4x and 2x Smart zoom is available, as well as 4x, 6.2, and 8x digital zoom.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.