- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Two XA Elements, One ED Element
- Nano AR II and Fluorine Coatings
- Dual XD Linear AF Motors, Internal Focus
- Focus Hold Button, AF/MF Switch
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
The Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM is characterized by its speed and relatively compact form factor. The versatile focal length suits everything from street shooting to landscape and documentary subjects, and the fast maximum aperture excels in low light and for controlling depth of field. Also, as a G Master lens, it features an advanced optical design for well-corrected imagery with a high degree of sharpness and clarity.Two XA (eXtreme Aspherical) elements and one extra-low dispersion element reduce a variety of aberrations, color fringing, and distortion, and the optics are complemented by a Nano AR II coating that also suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast. Balancing the optics is an XD Linear Motor system that uses two separate focusing motors to deliver especially quiet, precise, and quick autofocus performance. The lens also sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design and fluorine-coated front lens element to support shooting in inclement conditions.
G Master Optical Design
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements are incorporated into the optical design and feature superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, distortion, and other spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- One extra-low dispersion element is featured in the lens design and helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Nano AR Coating II has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions. This updated coating is better suited for larger, curved elements and is especially adept at minimizing internal reflections.
Wide-angle versatility and f/1.4 Speed
- The 35mm focal length is inherently versatile; perfectly suited for street, landscape, and reportage subjects, it also excels as a creative choice for other applications like fashion and portraiture.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also helps to control depth of field and produce selective focus effects.
- The rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Fast and Precise Focusing
- The internal focusing design offers more responsive focusing performance and maintains a consistent overall lens length during operation.
- A minimum focusing distance of 9.8" suits making dynamic close-up images.
- Despite its wide-angle field of view, the close minimum focusing distance and bright maximum aperture enable the creation of shallow depth of field imagery characterized by a strong close-up subject and a soft background.
Durable and Reliable Design
- Unique among fast wide-angle primes, the 35mm f/1.4 GM is distinguished by its sleek and lightweight form factor, measuring 3 x 3.9" and weighing 1.1 lb.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- A focus hold button is featured on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Physical aperture rings can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.