- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Updated Optical Design
- VXD Linear Motor Focus Mechanism
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 7.1"
- Tamron Lens Utility Connector Port
The Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III VXD G2 is a Sony E-mount zoom offering a versatile wide-to-portrait-length range and bright f/2.8 maximum aperture. Revamped optics yield higher resolution and improved sharpness over the previous generation and the focusing system has been replaced with a VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) mechanism that achieves faster, more precise performance to suit both stills and video applications. As the second generation of this popular lens, this updated version also sees refinements to the exterior design of the lens, a closer minimum focusing distance of 7.1", and a new connector port for streamlining the process of working with Tamron Lens Utility software to adjust lens settings.
- Versatile standard zoom designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 42-112.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over the depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- The improved optical design increases resolution and enhances imaging performance.
- VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism provides fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance throughout the zoom range.
- Minimum focusing distance of just 7.1" and a 1:2.7 maximum magnification for working with close-up subjects.
- Updated ergonomic design for improved operability.\
- Connector port works in conjunction with Tamron Lens Utility software for customizing lens functions and updating firmware through the lens rather than through the camera.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.