- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three LD and Three Aspherical Elements
- AX, eBAND, BBAR, and Fluorine Coatings
- Ultrasonic Silent Drive Autofocus Motor
- VC Image Stabilization
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Compatible with TAP-in Console
the Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 for Nikon F-mount enhances this wide zoom with sophisticated optics, focusing, and image stabilization. Helping to realize sharp, clear imagery, the optical design incorporates aspherical and low-dispersion glass elements to reduce both spherical and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range. A trio of coatings—AX, eBAND, and BBAR—have also been applied to suppress lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color rendering when working in bright and backlit conditions.
Benefitting the optical assets, performance and handling are enhanced through the use of dual MPUs (Micro-Processing Units), which ensure fast and reliable image stabilization and autofocus. Vibration Compensation accounts for up to 4.5 stops of camera shake, resulting in sharper images when shooting handheld at slower shutter speeds. Conversely, a USD motor provides quick and quiet autofocus performance as well as a full-time manual focus override. Additionally, the lens body is weather-sealed and moisture-resistant, and the front element features a protective fluorine coating to guard against dust and smearing.
- Ultra-wide zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however, can also be used with DX models where it provides a 22.5-45mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range, and benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Three LD (low dispersion) elements are featured in the optical design to noticeably limit color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color fidelity.
- Two glass-molded aspherical elements and one XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) element help to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range to deliver notable sharpness and accurate rendering.
- An AX coating has been to the convex surface of large, curved elements and both eBAND and BBAR coatings have also been applied to individual elements to suppress ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- An Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus motor delivers quick and precise focusing performance to suit working with moving subjects. This motor also affords full-time manual focus control, and it is possible to focus on subjects as close as 11" away.
- Dual dedicated MPUs (Micro-Processing Units) are used—one for autofocus, one for VC—to ensure fast, responsive focusing and stabilization performance.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.